Cookie Notice

Thursday, May 25, 2017

A blossoming addiction to love and kindness

I have met some wonderful pen pals via the LYA Postcard Swap :-)

Some of these pals have turned me on to other groups who exchange postcards and hand made greeting cards..

One such group is Love Notes

Another group is Global HE(ART) SWAP

So I've been pleasantly busy making greeting cards in addition to my postcards :-)

These are a few examples....










Some postcards I sent out


My recipients know they will get mail from people in our group within a certain time window, but they do not know ahead of time who they are swapping with..

I am grateful to have several communities of pen pals to interact with in addition to my friends and family!

June 20, 2017:


It has been almost a month since I mailed the above cards to their recipients.. I made many more greeting cards since than and have grown more creative in my stamping techniques..

So many beautiful surprises have landed in my mailbox in return :-)

Maintaining connections, whether they be in person, online or via snail mail is a good way to be kind to oneself..

The vintage camera is from Chandra Lynn in Alabama, the Volkswagen Van is from Jackie Wright in England

From Connie Fogle in SC






From Michelle Kocher in Wisconsin
Heart from Cheri Paxton and pigs from Fran Dunn
The sunshine is from Lisa Hamilton in Florida, and the coffee break is from Debra Davidson in Virginia Beach
From Susi Sandlier in Germany
Flowers from Chandra Lynn, First Aid Kit from Eileen Vivell in Germany and Rose from Marriana Dougherty in Arizona
From Christina Brooks in Arizona
Be kind card from Susan in SanFrancisco..The flowers from Fran Bunn
From Trang Kang in Dallas...Her sweet son's work is also included in this wonderful kindness bundle :-)



A lovely image of a wave crashing against the rocks from Christina Brooks



From Trang Kang in Dallas.The rose is drawn with one continuous line :-)







-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Another group I recently joined was  The Gathering Place ......We are assigned partners to write to..We share with this partner by sending him or her  a written story about something memorable that happened in our lives..

This was one of the stories that I shared...


This summer will be an interesting season of kindness and love.....

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have found more great ways to 'meet' other artists. Your cards are charming.

    ReplyDelete