Cookie Notice

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Romeo and the Great Backyard Bird Count

Great Backyard Bird Count 2016

Cornell Lab of Ornithology

Audubon Society


Romeo




I always thought Robins were more common place in colder climates, away from the coast..I began to notice their presence in my area late this summer! With this week's visits to my backyard, the robins hung around long enough for me to run, grab my camera, and return to the backyard in time to get some decent shots.. Pictured is the male robin who came and went all week, I'll call him Romeo..


I am planning to participate in the Great Backyard Bird Count 2016.

Friday Feb 12, thru Monday Feb 15 th..

It is not necessary to carry out the entire weekend of bird counting from one place..One does not have to count and record birds every day..Links to websites with instructions at the top of my post :-) I think this will be fun and easy to do :-)

 Free apps are available to identify and record what, when and where birds are seen..These apps are provided by The Audubon Society and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, for I-phones and Androids.




                                              

9 comments:

  1. Super excellent. I did this, and it's a lot of fun. I can't wait to read your next post on your bird count. Beautiful images....perfect name for the robin.

    ...thanks for sharing this link at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend!!! Happy week ahead for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wish the same for you ! I like my new robin friend, he and his partner came to visit me for several days in a row..Romeo was the least camera shy of the two.. I hope the weather will be dry for next weekend, lol :-)

      Delete
  2. I saw a bunch of robins here last week, silly birds this is Michigan spring is not that close yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now it feels like a pretty spring more than winter..I think we had a very beautiful January this year compared to last year..With that said, last year I was away from home, and I spent the latter part of January-all of February indoors ..When I came back to Texas, it seemed that the entire spring was rainy and gloomy..

      Delete
  3. Hello!:) He's a fine looking fellow,...your robins are more striking than ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I'll tell Romeo that all of you ladies like him ;-)))

      Delete
  4. Love the Robin photos!
    Wonderful Header photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with the bird count! I've never done that. Love your robin photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great captures of Romeo! Thanks for the reminder about the bird count, I'm thinking of participating this year. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete