Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Be Still

This year, I find myself taking an unusually different direction in my photography..

I have been known to get up at the crack of dawn to chase sunrises once or twice a week..

With the demise of my favorite park by the bay , I don't get out to shoot like I usually do..

Instead, I have been playing with still life photography and editing..I have fun printing my favorite work into post cards :-)

Welcome to my most recent still life frenzy !!!!


Pieces from my late mom's tea set















I shot this image at Hermann Park while hanging out with my friend Geff...He flew in to Houston from San Francisco, to spend Easter with family and friends :-)









When the entire week stays gloomy and overcast, I'll sometimes treat myself to a bouquet of colorful cut flowers..These tulips caught my eye..




The pottery egg was made by Christi Ormsby, who lived and worked in Sewanee Tennessee..My sister and I attended college there together in 1976...The first week we spent on campus, we walked to downtown Sewanee to explore..We found a cute and tiny shop called the Lemon Fair..Where we spotted these eggs..We each bought one to decorate our dorm room..This year makes 40 years that we have had these eggs in our possession :-)



























6 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, I am fairly new to your blog and have added you to my blog list so I can visit often. I love all these pictures but the last one... well, it's my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good for the creative juices to go in a new direction. I like the still life shots. The blossom shot is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is good to continually explore different avenues of photography, it helps us learn and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos, Lisa. I'm a huge fan of shallow depth of field photos and your 1st one in this post got me from the get go.
    Marrianna
    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, these are all beautiful images. I love the last shot of the flower arrangement. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete